What is propolis?
Propolis is a waxy, brownish substance with a sticky texture, produced by bees using flower buds, tree sap, and other sources. Its composition varies based on its place of production.
Ancient civilizations used propolis for various purposes, such as in the mummification process by the Egyptians.
Components of original propolis:
Original propolis consists of diverse organic substances, including unsaturated fatty acids, flavonoids, resinous materials, wax, volatile essential oils, and pollen grains.
Benefits of propolis:
Propolis, often used with honey, is associated with various benefits, including:
– Supporting blood sugar control.
– Aiding in the reduction of inflammations.
– Minimizing ulcers and mucosal membrane inflammations.
– Mitigating athlete’s foot problems.
– Reducing the likelihood of colds and flu.
– Addressing vaginal swelling.
– Supporting general well-being.